Sunday, July 24, 2016

July Catch Up


Not enough stitching going on around here.

Some other happenings:

There was a flood, which could have been much worse.  Happily the person on the 3rd floor came home for lunch.

We went to the local Comic Con and gazed upon Haley Atwell, John Barrowman, Sean Pertwee and the one and only Stan Lee.

The rest of the gap was just life.

Has anyone bought the JCS Halloween issue?  I saw it the other day but didn’t get it – yet.

Stitching stuff:

Because it seemed like a good idea, I bought a piece of fabric to start the “To the Beach” series by Hands on Design.  Here’s what it looks like so far.

 

My current plan is to cut them apart when done, but this piece should hold 6-8 designs so that could take awhile.

My other recent start was this.

 

A Jody Rice/Satsuma Street design that was in Cross Stitch Crazy.  I think she has it out on Etsy now.  It may also be proof that not chopping up that other piece was a good plan.  I’m not completely sure if it’s centered yet.  At least I know my sewing machine still works. J

This is not shaping up to be one of those weekends where I don’t have to go out and no one wants anything.  Surprise right.  But my new starts still seem fun and colorful so I’ll just have to fit them into the schedule.

Happy stitching World

No comments:

Post a Comment