Saturday, August 13, 2011

Greetings World!

Welcome to the first post of my new blog.  Trust me when I say that those are not words I thought I’d ever be saying.  It should be fun though.  My basic purpose is to start all those stitching projects I’ve always wanted to do but keep putting off.  To me this means that the pictures are bigger than anything I normally do.  If it takes too long then I get bored and want to start something else.  You know how that goes.
So my first picture will be one that Sue Cook designed that was in World of Cross Stitching a few years back.  The key refers to it as Cool Cat, but I like the other title they gave it: Retro Cat. I like the 60’s look to the picture.  I’ve started with the first one but there is a companion piece I may do later.  I started on the first of August and this is my progress so far.


Those green bits are plant leaves.  Once I get those in then I plan to do the curtain behind them.  After that there are some big blocks of color with the night view out the window and the big orange chair the cat is sitting in.  Gee, when you put it that way it sounds like it will go pretty quickly doesn’t it?  This too shall pass.
That’s all for now, it’s time for more stitching.  Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment