Monday, September 19, 2011

My IHSW and some progress

It’s Sunday night and the end of another IHSW.  I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s progress.
Apparently taking up larger projects than I normally do has come with a strange side effect.  I want to adapt them.  Take my new project.  It’s called “Don’t Worry, Be Hippie” by Barbara Ana Designs.  The changes to this one were motivated by what I didn’t have.  Like the fabric. J  This is what stash is really for isn’t it?  The pattern calls for 6 different shades of DMC variations floss.  Naturally from the 20 skeins I have I’m still short one.  So the pants become a different color – no worries.  After that it calls for an Anchor multicolor shade I didn’t even know existed.  Good thing I have all those other colors to choose from.  I haven’t decided what I’m replacing that with just yet.
Believe it or not, I did actually start.  You couldn’t really tell at first because the skin tone is so close to the fabric color.  It helps now that I have the cheeks and hair on both sides. 


All that adjusting has caused me to look at my Retro Cat picture differently as well.  While learning to cope with the fact that I’m not going to zoom through the wall as quickly as I hoped (!?) I started considering some color changes to other bits.  The chair should still be orange but the lamp doesn’t have to be the same shade right.  Guess we’ll see if I remember when I get to that part.


Have a great week.
Happy stitching World.

9 comments:

  1. Nice new start and good progress on Retro Cat. Never be afraid to alter things to suit yourself - I am learning this too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress on both pieces! I agree with Wendy and change things if you feel it would work better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great idea to dip into your stash and using what you have and adapting charts to your preference. You end up with your own special piece every time. :)

    Can't wait to see more of Don't Worry.... it's starting out so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on both project s and what a great idea of changing some of the colours, that will be what makes your project unique and yours, I hope you enjoy your changes and I can't wait to see your progress on both of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always happens, you could have a hundred colours and there would be one you didnt have. It will look great regardless and most importantly it will be your personal piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I love the dont worry, be hippy one! I use it often as my avater ;)))
    Wishing you much fun stitching it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new project! Barbara Ana designs are always so cute, I worked some of them and absolutely loved them. And I agree with the changes! This is what stash is for, right? :D I do it all the time.. I like using the stuff I already have in my stash, that's why I prefer pattern and booklets instead of full kits

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love being able to change out bits from my stash. Like you said, what's the point of having stash, if not to use?!?!?

    Looks like it's going to be a cute project. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete