Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July SALS Update


Christmas in July Sales.  I’d be so much richer without them. J  Still, I did pick up these.
 

The Halloween issue I got a discount on by signing up for the Christmas issue.  The Santa’s Village patterns finish off my set, so it seemed like a good investment.

London is starting to break out in words.  Either that or it’s the top of a train that’s making a trail of white puffy clouds. J
 

I didn’t finish a Christmas piece for the Smalls SAL but there are these.
 

The palm tree design is from the book, Rainbow of Stitches.  I used some old stash floss.  This is J & P Coats Pastelles #557.  Good thing I didn’t run out of floss because I only bought skein way back when.  Next I have my eye on a floss color by Six Strand Sweets called Chocolate Covered Cherries.  So the big question is – cupcake or ice cream design?

With a little luck and a lot more stitching, I’ll be back on Saturday with a YOTA update.

Happy stitching World

6 comments:

  1. Great stash, I got the Halloween issue as well. Love the small finishes and your stitching on London looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little monthly pieces that your doing. Can you tell me where the charts are from.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, the monthly pieces all come from a book called "Sand, Sea & Cross Stitch" by Anna Field. You should be able to find it on Amazon. It's a fun book.

      Delete
  3. Hi Tiki. Can you also tell me what issues those Vintage posters are in. I love them.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The London poster is in Cross Stitch Gold, issue 37 (USA), from August of 2013. I'll have to look up the dates on the other two, but London is the first of the series.

      Delete